- Warren Buffett appears to have a secret stock in his portfolio.
- The billionaire investor’s Berkshire Hathaway conglomerate omitted “confidential information” in its quarterly portfolio update on Monday, instead filing it separately with financial regulators.
- “He is undoubtedly building a large position now,” said David Kass, a finance professor at the University of Maryland and a close follower of Buffett and his company.
- “I suspect that Berkshire is building a large position in a public company and they would like to continue to do that before disclosing it,” said James Shanahan, an Edward Jones analyst who covers Berkshire.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Warren Buffett seems to be buying a new stock but doesn’t want to spill the beans just yet.
It appears the famed investor secured permission from regulators to not disclose his ongoing purchase in Berkshire Hathaway’s 13F filing for the third