The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour in New Zealand has announced a new option for travellers seeking to have a more Hobbit-like experience visiting the iconic farm set.
Starting December 20, visitors can choose to embark upon the “Second Breakfast Tour.” As its name suggests, this tour of the set begins with a dusk tour of the movie set, a visit to the Green Dragon Inn for a pint, followed by a “hearty breakfast spread” in The Millhouse, the newly added attraction at Hobbiton.
“The breakfast table will be heaped with seasonal fresh fruit, breads, pastries, preserves, and cold meats and, as is the tradition in the Shire, second helpings are encouraged,” reads a line from the description. “A plated hot breakfast will be served featuring an assortment of a Hobbit’s favourite breakfast staples including fluffy scrambled eggs, streaky bacon, potatoes, grilled sausages and rosemary mushrooms.”
Vegetarian options are available, too, while the tour also includes coffee and tea. Below is a rundown of what’s included in the Second Breakfast Tour.
SECOND BREAKFAST TOUR INCLUDES
- A fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- A visit to The Green Dragon Inn with your first Hobbit Southfarthing beverage upon arrival
- A second breakfast continental breakfast spread in The Millhouse
- A plated hot breakfast (please note any dietary requirements at time of booking)
- Coffee and tea served inside The Millhouse during second breakfast
The Second Breakfast Tour doesn’t come cheap, as it costs $140 NZD for adults (17+) and $90 NZD for people aged 9-16.
New Zealand’s borders are currently closed, so you have to live in the country to visit Hobbiton and enjoy this new tour.