- Expensify’s CEO, David Barrett, wrote an email to the company’s 10 million customers last week urging them to vote for Joe Biden in the US presidential election.
- The backlash was immediate, and fell mainly on the company’s rank-and-file.
- Expensify employees tell Business Insider they have been inundated with messages from customers, as well as from people creating accounts and pretending to be angry customers.
- The company has lost only a handful of contracts, employees say. But two of Expensify’s competitors, Emburse and Fyle, say they have seen sales leads explode since the email went out.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
On October 22, Expensify CEO David Barrett hit send on an email to the company’s 10 million customers.
“If you are a US citizen, anything less than a vote for Biden is a vote against democracy,” Barrett wrote, adding: “a vote for Trump is to endorse voter suppression,